Probate Attorney

Do you need a Probate Lawyer?

You might. We will help you find out during one of our initial consultations.

Probate is court-governed process that coordinates and organizes the administration of the estates of our loved ones that have passed on. Probate is not always necessary when a loved one passes away, but if it is you should generally be considering retention of a probate lawyer to assist you through the process.

Fortunately, there are probate attorneys to help you through the time-consuming and complicated requirements. Becoming a personal representative or administrator comes with risk and multiple responsibilities. It is not something that family members want to be worried about when they are simultaneously grieving for the loss of their loved ones.

During a consultation, a probate lawyer will meet with you to discuss your situation. Generally, this will include a determination of whether you need to open a probate case. Afterward, if you decide to retain the services of our Mount Vernon probate attorney, we would be honored to take this burden off of your shoulders as much as we are able to.

The easiest way to schedule an appointment with us on a day and time convenient for you is to just push the button below. If you are in need of meeting with an attorney fast, please call us and let us know that. To set up an initial meeting to discuss probate and your options for representation, call us at (360) 364-5030.

Assistance for Estate Administrators

If your loved one has passed away without a Will, you will need to become an Estate Administrator if you are to have the legal power to take care of the estate. You may or may not need the power, but you should certainly look into it with a probate lawyer. If there is real estate in Washington that is in the name of your loved one, you most definitely will need to inquire with a Mount Vernon or Everett Probate Attorney. Don't put this off. It's better to know your options sooner rather than later. Contact an estate administration, trust administration, or probate attorney at Westward Law.

Counsel for Personal Representatives

Have been named a Personal Representative in your loved one's Will? You may need legal counsel such as a probate attorney to help you and guide you through the process of administering your loved one's estate. We are here to help you figure that out. We advise the person(s) who are engaged in the work of administering estates all of the time. This is important and complex work. As such, you would be well advised to seek legal counsel if a probate case is required for any reason. Avoid making costly mistakes, or opening up issues with other family members.

Legal Counsel for Trustees of Living Trusts

If you have recently been appointed as Trustee for your loved one's trust after they have passed away, you are likely thinking "what does this mean?' The appointment as trustee carries with it some very important responsibilities. It is imperative that you understand these as you are responsible to the decedent (and the beneficiaries) for carrying out the trust's directives. You must do so correctly and competently. Most trustees will immediately retain legal counsel to make sure they are not taking steps incorrectly or unwisely. At Westward Law, we'll help you with trust administration work.